Acre has been engaged by one of the most high profile integrated property development, investment and management companies in the UK. We have been tasked with identifying a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced sustainability professional to join the team. You will lead the Sustainable Design and Construction Strategy for the business, managing a team of one, and working closely with the team responsible for sustainable delivery on-site. This position will offer you the opportunity to embed far reaching sustainability goals into an expansive range of planned developments.
Key areas of responsibility
- Contributing to the continuous development, update and delivery of the long term Sustainable Design and Construction Strategy for the Group
- Working closely with the Sustainability Team to update and maintain sustainability targets and daily team operations management
- Assisting design teams with expert knowledge around key aspects of building performance and sustainability (Energy, Wellbeing, Biodiversity, etc)
- Managing all Environmental Assessment Methods (EAM) such as BREEAM, CfSH, HQM and LEED.], monitoring targeted credits on an ongoing basis to ensure that scores are maximised
- Preparing technical reports (e.g. Climate Change Resilience, Functional Adaptability, Materials Efficiency, Project Briefs)
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of building performance aspects, including energy efficiency, building design related regulations, wellbeing etc. They must also be professional, have a pro-active approach, be an effective communicator, and have experience working effectively with project teams, contactors and the supply chain.
The successful individual will also have:
- Degree educated in a relevant scientific position discipline
- Proven background in a sustainable built environment position
- A working knowledge of BREEAM and other Environmental Assessment Methods
- Project management experience, gained from implementation of similar programmes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to motivate people to change their behaviour
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading property developers in a strategic position, with the prospect of delivering Sustainable initiatives that will influence the future of the capitals skyline. If you are interested please do apply.