Acre has been engaged by a high profile global construction and consultancy business to identify a Sustainability Advisor. With an outstanding record of achievement and success, this business are looking for an exceptional individual to be embedded on a major programme of works for a high profile blue-chip client. Working alongside a well respected and established team you will drive forward performance and make a significant impact within sustainability in the built environment. This role will be based in the West of London.
Responsibilities will include
- Delivering the group sustainability strategy and construction support activities
- Supporting the work winning team across the wider business, which includes bid support, innovation, client liaison and up-skilling of colleagues
- Supporting the organisation's commitment to be recognised as an industry leader in sustainability and delivery of the group sustainability strategy
The successful individual will be a pro-active generalist, able to cover all major issues of sustainability with all relevant stakeholders and is likely to come from a contractor or consultancy business which has delivered work to large scale construction projects. You will also need to be able to articulate the value of sustainability to non-technical teams and engage with a wide ranging set of stakeholders.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability topics (sustainable design, planning policy, waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, biodiversity, building certification)
- Training and coaching skills with the ability to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience
- A BSc in a relevant Environmental, science or construction subject
- Ideally be a Chartered Environmentalist/ IEMA member or member of a similar professional body E.g. BREEAM or LEED AP
This opportunity is a fantastic chance to work for one of the industries biggest names. There are ample opportunities to progress into more senior sustainability positions within the business. If you are interested in this position please do apply to avoid missing out.