My client is a multi-disciplinary environmental who are well -established both nationally and internationally. This consultancy provides a wide range of high quality services including ecology, air quality, contaminated land investigation, renewable energy systems and asbestos services. Providing technical expertise to major developers, public and private sector bodies and government agencies, this organisation is committed to developing integrated services to a growing client base. Due to continued growth and development, my client is looking for a Senior Ecologist to join the growing Ecology team in their London office.
* Extensive experience working within the ecological consultancy sector
* Considerable experience carrying out ecological fieldwork including Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys
* Experience preparing and delivering mitigation strategies
* Experience managing a range of ecology projects, both large and small scale
* Excellent communication skills, a team-player with the ability to lead and managing more junior staff and sub-consultants
* Demonstrable report writing abilities
* Experience working with a range of clients, including liaising with Natural England and Local Planning Authorities
* Commercial awareness and an understanding of the business environment of consultancy
* Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
* Protected species licences, ideally for bats or newts (GCN)
* Full, clean driving licence and own vehicle
About the Role
Working as a Senior Ecologist, your main duties will include managing and overseeing a wide range of ecology projects, providing technical assistance where necessary. You will provide support and guidance for more junior team members and sub-consultants throughout all project stages. This position will also involve liaising with clients, advising on ecological aspects of their projects and ensuring that their requirements are effectively met.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will be responsible for producing high quality written reports and documents such as Environmental Impact Assessments and Method Statements. You will play an important role in the development of the Southern ecology team and will actively seek opportunities to develop the business. In addition, you will be required to prepare fee proposals and will act as a point of contact for clients throughout their project.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary along with a range of training and development opportunities. Your package will include Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and more.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Ecology sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on 01792 365 002. Alternatively you can send an email and we’ll call you back. Emails to: email@example.com.