Acre is pleased to be working with a leading non-profit organisation, collaborating with the largest private sector companies to re-invent the sustainable design, production and sale of products. We are seeking an experienced manager to lead twenty five direct reports plus shape and develop the Campaigns and Engagement team.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will build and evolve a flexible and adaptable team that can respond to the immediate and long terms requirements of the organisation.
- Provide leadership, act as a role model and effectively line-manage the team to ensure consistent delivery and support others to adapt quickly, to form flexible and high performing teams
- Develop excellent working relationships with the Campaign Leads and the Business Development team to ensure the required resources are available to result in the effective delivery of projects and programmes
- Liaise with Programme Area Managers, Campaign Managers and other key individuals across the organisation to identify, forecast and agree future requirements
- Undertake resource and capacity planning to ensure allocation of the appropriate project managers, based on skills, experience and availability
This person will be instrumental in ensuring the appropriate contacts are best placed to create solutions to the main sustainability challenges facing organisations today.
Skills and capabilities:
- Extensive line management experience; the ability to allocate and overcome resource allocation challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a talent for building rapport and trust with a range of employees at various levels within the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of managing project's and programmes in a demanding, commercially-oriented environment
- Strong evidence of effective team management with a working knowledge of learning and development programmes, coupled with coaching and mentoring to develop and improve the teams' project management skills
This position is essential in developing this leading non-profit organisation's ability to help tackle challenges that businesses and the public sector cannot address on their own. You will head up a team that is responsible for driving resource efficiency through member organisation's supply chains, whilst also supporting a leading voluntary organisation that is at the forefront of the environmental movement. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and build a specialist team to engage with a range of global retailers, major trade bodies and local authorities nationally.