Interim Global Sustainability Director | 12 month FTC | South East | Attractive salary
Acre have been engaged by one of the worlds leading health and hygiene companies to secure an interim Global Sustainability Director to cover a period of maternity leave. This is a fantastic opportunity to provide strategic oversight of the implementation of the organisation's sustainability strategy.
The role will require a candidate with the ability to influence business leaders across the organisation and to drive continual improvement in sustainability performance. The role will ensure sustainability risks to the business are managed effectively and opportunities maximised.
The successful candidate will lead sustainability programmes, including overseeing progress towards sustainability goals & targets and delivering recommendations to business leaders on programme improvements across the following areas:
- Environmental compliance / performance
- Human rights
- Brands / products sustainability
- Natural raw materials sourcing
- External reporting / disclosures
The successful candidate:
- Good undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc) in relevant discipline
- Significant experience of sustainability management
- Proven track record of delivering sustainability programmes
- Track record of leadership and team management
- Personally committed to achieving real improvements in sustainability management and performance
- Global / international experience and flexibility to travel up to 20% of the year
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant professional qualifications would be desirable
This is a rare opportunity to work for a leading, globally recognised organisation, in a role with the influence and opportunity to drive large scale sustainability programmes on an international scale.