Acre is working with a not-for-profit property construction and maintenance organisation, to appoint a new Head of Health and Safety. The organisation is undertaking a major local investment programme, responsible for building new homes in partnership with the local authorities, to provide much needed housing services in London.
Reporting into the Director of Corporate Services, this role will provide strategic leadership to ensure the highest standards of health and safety (H&S) are achieved, promoting continual improvement throughout the organisation and ensuring an expert and cost efficient service is consistently implemented across the board.
- Provide expert H&S knowledge to influence decision makers, challenge and achieve the organisation's goals and targets for H&S
- Lead the H&S team of 8 direct reports, implementing a flexible and engaging coaching style of management to support their continuous professional development
- Develop innovative solutions to drive a positive H&S culture across the organisation
- Control all legislative documents relating to H&S and acts as the lead point of contact for all enforcing agencies
- Oversee and manage the Business Continuity and Emergency On-call processes
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and forward thinking individual; commercially astute and confident in presenting and influencing across the breadth of the organisation.
Skills and capabilities:
- Experience leading and managing a large, technically-diverse team
- Skilled in influencing and negotiating, evidenced by the ability to express opinions, information and arguments in a clear manner
- Proven ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders to develop and implement strategy and drive organisational change
- Demonstrable financial awareness and ability to think in terms of added value
- Preferably a degree or equivalent qualification, with NEBOSH diploma and CMIOSH status (or GradIOSH working towards)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to thrive on the variety of challenges attached to the local investment programme and construction projects the organisation is currently involved with. This dynamic leadership role will allow you to add value and promote continual improvement across the organisation, which in turn will ensure great housing services for thriving neighbourhoods across London.