Acre has been engaged by a leading global provider of environmental and social risk consulting and sustainability related services to identify an EIA Manager to join the organisation on a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract. Positioned in the Impact Assessment & Planning (IAP) team. Based in the West Midlands, the EIA Manager will be part of a team working on a high-profile infrastructure project and will be required to utilise their previous experience of UK EIA projects to provide impact assessment and mitigation input.
The key responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with design engineers and construction and logistics advisers regarding the design basis and that which requires assessment by the EIA team
- Providing technical input and guidance relating to the EIA team, reviewing EIA chapters and ensuring consistency to client standards and writing overview chapters
- Acting as a conduit between the scheme designers and the technical specialists to ensure the assessment is aligned with the project design and delivered to programme and quality requirements;
- Working in collaboration with the project team, sharing information and ensuring the client's needs are prioritised
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A relevant BSc and or MSc degree(s) as a minimum in Environmental Science, Geology, Environmental Management or related subjects
- Senior level experience of UK EIA projects, ideally infrastructure related, in a consultancy environment
- Strong team-working and interpersonal skills and the confidence to interact with all different levels within the client and engineering organisations
- Proven ability to write clear, well-articulated reports and deliver impactful presentations
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a global leader in environmental consultancy services and to be involved with a high-profile UK project. Whilst the role are initially for a 12 month period, further opportunities on this project and elsewhere in the business will be considered beyond this timeframe.