'Building the world's most sustainable airport'
Environmental Assessment Manager - Emissions
Following the government's recent Heathrow expansion announcement, Heathrow has chosen to partner exclusively with Acre, the leader in sustainability and safety recruitment, to build the team of experts who will ensure they build a sustainable future airport.
Heathrow provides the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide, and plays an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth.
The successful applicant of this role will be responsible for leading the assessment of the impacts of Heathrow Expansion will have upon the local and wider community with reference to carbon and emissions.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Being Heathrow's lead expert on the assessment of the impacts of Heathrow Expansion with regard to emissions to air - both local air quality and climate change impacts.
- Contributing to the Heathrow team that has been tasked with securing development consent for Heathrow expansion, through integration of a complex programme with robust environmental and socio-economic impact assessment.
- Project managing the work of a number specialist consultants, appointed to assess the emission and carbon impacts. This will include directing day-to-day tasks within the schedule and allocated budget, ensuring the products required to support the development consent order are of the highest quality.
- Working closely with Environment & Emissions Manager to manage stakeholders - take the lead on stakeholder engagement for expansion related air quality and climate matters, ensuring effective stakeholder dialogue and external representation.
- Ensuring integration with the expansion design team to ensure mitigations required for emissions impacts are incorporated within design.
To be successful, you will have in-depth knowledge of natural environment interactions with infrastructure and be experienced in the environmental assessment of major development schemes for planning consent.
You will also:
- Be a graduate holding a relevant degree, with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of local air quality and climate change science
- Be a transport sector expert with experience of working in strategic and/or assessment roles
- Be a natural environment and community expert with experience of working in strategic environmental assessment roles
- Be a proven manager of external consultants with experience of financial and time management, and be used to working in large and virtual teams, achieving results through others
- Be a skilled influencer who can express strategic needs concisely and engender commitment and delivery in others
The way in which Heathrow mitigates the impacts of an expanded Heathrow upon communities and the local natural environment will be a fundamental part of their ambition to be a leading sustainable business.
Where they cannot avoid impacts, they have set out to reduce them, to compensate communities and to enhance the natural environment for people and wildlife. If the thought of leading this excites you, then we encourage you to apply. In return, they offer fantastic benefits including a very generous bonus scheme and development opportunities to take your career even further.