Acre has partnered again with a boutique climate change & energy consultancy to find a Consultant, to support the delivery of bespoke climate change, project development and sustainable energy development projects. Our client is operational in over 80 countries and works predominantly with large multilaterals, such as the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The successful candidate will:
- Support a team on projects focused around multilateral development, compliance and reporting, resource assessments and renewable energy financing
- Provide technical support on projects from conception through to delivery
- Be involved in new business development and expand the sustainability consultancy offering, hitting revenue and profitability targets as laid out in the business plan
- Attend client meetings, pitch for new business and attend site visits, often in developing countries
The successful candidate will have:
- A First degree and ideally an MSc (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing Climate Change Resilience and development programmes
- Proven commercial experience, and a history of winning new business
- Additional experience of energy auditing and knowledge of the various regulatory regimes with regards to GHG (CRC, CCA, EUETS, ESOS)
- Relevant professional membership (preferably IEMA)
- Demonstrable advisory skills on sustainability issues in a consulting and / or corporate setting
- Relevant experience in Asia, Eastern Europe or Africa
- Fluent in another language
For the successful candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to deliver bespoke projects for some of the biggest multilaterals in developing countries across the globe.