Acre has been engaged by an industry leading technical manufacturer to identify an EHS Specialist leading one of their sites in the midlands. The focus of this role will be to achieve corporate as well as local objectives with special consideration of health and safety culture; engagement at all levels will be necessary.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the business
- Planning and organising initiatives along with managers and supervisors to, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that need to be followed, working to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents, near misses and injuries
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly site inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Act as the internal expert on regulatory and safety policy, qualifying improvements and development
This position will suit individuals with strong stakeholder engagement skills and track record of improving health and safety standards in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining ISO18001 standards
- Health and safety auditing and emergency planning experience
- Familiarity with producing reports and communicating with several stakeholders
- Experience within a technical or heavy manufacturing environment
Their vision indicates a progressive organisation and the structure ensures there is a wide scope for career development. If this is an attractive prospect for yourself, please apply below.